Andrew and I moved out on the 31st January, it's been 10 days and things are going well. Sooo with me being me, I made a list of things I've learnt so far about about moving out...
Also, I may be jumping on the blog list bandwagon a little bit. Oops.
Here we go...
- Moving out is exciting.
- You realise how much stuff you actually own.
- Packing is hard work.
- It makes you think about all the clothes you never wear.
- You start to think about how you're going to survive after moving away from where you have lived all your life.
- Seriously. So. Much. Stuff.
- Where do boxes even come from? And why are they so expensive??
- Moving in is messy.
- It takes forever to unpack.
- It's awesome to finally move out with your long term partner
- Living with one other person, who works odd shifts means you are in the house all alone sometimes...which isn't always that fun.
- Housework is harder than it looks
- It takes a long time to heat up a house
- ALL the stuff.
- Unpacking takes forever. I haven't even moved all of my stuff here yet and I have still been unable to unpack a small portion of my things.
- Moving out is expensive.
- There are always a million things to do around the house, and millions of lists to go with them
- Living with people at uni is not like living with your boyfriend full time.
- It's really nice to come home to your boyfriend and spend some time hanging out.
- Finding homes for all your things is both laborious and a little bit fun.
- Moving a sofa through a small door, and around into another small door is quite difficult.
- Compromise. Get used to doing it fast.
- Running a household is a very 'adult' thing, but when it comes down to it, you still feel like a kid playing house from time to time.
Voila, a list for you to feast your eyes upon!