Friday 5 September 2014

Hair Chronicles, Vol #1

For those who dont know, or those who have never seen me now and again over a period of time; I have a tendancy to change my hair a lot. I really mean A Lot. There aren't many hair colours I haven't been. I saw a post on Briar Rose Blog about Briar Rose's hair story. Isn't her hair amazing?! The post got me thinking about all of the hair styles and colours I've tried on over the years, and I thought it might be fun to share them - the good and the bad...Enjoy!

2005
Apologies for the AWFUL editing...
It all began with a highlighting kit. At the ripe age of 13, I wanted to have highlighted hair. In the pic you can just about see my natural hair colour peeking out underneath! I clearly did not do much styling with my hair back then. Although, that is exactly the same as now in 2014 so...clearly that hasn't changed!

2006 - I have no idea.
I cant find pics from this year sooo....no idea what my hair was like. I think I had stopped highlighting it and was letting it grow out after cutting it a couple of times...

2007 - Big Change

The little devil in the corner is Sisterbell way back when
This is the year I dramatically went from luscious bra strap length brown hair, to an inverted bob, which I then convinced mum to dye black for me. Perfect for the summer...In the second pic above you can see the bob had grown out a little, but you get the jist!

2008 - Sudden Curl Attack 
After the hassle of straightening my hair for a long while, I decided to give up on that (mostly) and let my hair do its thing-both with growing and with curling. My hair always had a natural wave to it, this is the first time I realised how curly it can get! Regarding colours, after the black hair - which I kept up on and off for a while, I became fond of a med-dark brown. I think the med-dark brown was actually faded black hairdye...shhh don't tell anyone. I think the curlyness was due to my hair being a bit happier with some more nourishment!

2009 - Do your thaang
Long black hair & the beginnings of my backcombing stage!
This year I let my hair grow out, was black haired, then did some hair modelling and ended up with violety-black and copper hair (which I loved); and experimented with a full fringe. I was really getting into changing my hair up and trying new things. Being full-time at college helped, I had more freedom to do whatever I wanted with my hair, and it didn't matter. Unless we were performing, occasionally bizarre hair was a problem.
More from 2009 - left to right: hair for a dance show, full fringe and growing out, side fringe & growing.

 Almost to the end of 2009! Left to right: Lopped off my hair, growing, and growing!

By the end of the year it was just a bit longer than my shoulders!
FunFact: 2009 is also the year I met Manfred :)

2010 - Attack of the Bleach
Well, this year I decided I wanted white hair. I had dark brown hair at the beginning of the year...There may have been some damage to my hair after multiple bleachings...

Okay a LOT of damage. As in full on chewing gum hair...
I attempted to go red, but the hair was so damaged it couldn't take on the colour (the colour pigment just came right back out of the hair folicle) sooo it was pink. Which I loved...however my workplace didn't! Oops. You can see how bad the condition of my hair was on the end of my pigtails on the bottom left pic above.


I MAY have attempted to cut my own hair without success, and had to go and get my hair cut, it went from very long and dead, to very short. Then I dyed it brown to give it a chance to recover...
Yay! Happy new year rice crispy cake!
Volume #2 will be up soon! Just as soon as I find some more pics...

No comments:

Post a Comment